Tri-Cities Kiwanis serves the children of Grand
Haven, Spring Lake and Ferrysburg, Michigan.
The Grand Haven Kiwanis was originally chartered on March 4, 1941; sponsored by the Grand Rapids, Holland and Muskegon clubs. Our first president was A. F. Gieseking, and our first secretary was Harvey L. Scholten. The club had 38 members at that time, and had grown to 69 members by 1955. In the beginning, membership in Kiwanis was limited to men only; the wives of 19 members formed their own club called "Kiwani-Queens." They were active until at least 1961.
Click here to download a PDF document originally published in February, 1991 to celebrate Grand Haven Kiwanis' 50-year anniversary. This booklet documents the many community service projects carried out by the club in its first 50 years.
Tri-Cities Kiwanis was re-established in 2005 under the inspirational leadership of a cross section of local citizens inspired to serve the local, state, and global children in need of assistance. Our club was recently recognized at the state level for rapid growth and innovative projects to raise money and use the funds to help assist families with special needs children or victims of catastrophic diseases.
Membership is open to any person of good character who wishes to serve the
community, participate in Kiwanis service projects and attend regular meetings.
Members pay $100 per year as a modest amount of local, district, and international dues. Many corporations pay the dues and luncheon cost for their employees serving our community.